The EleXions Agency is without exception South Africa’s most experienced elections facilitators; boasting wide spread experience in supporting the practice of credible democratic processes and accountable corporate governance within South African state and quasi-state organisations, corporations, political parties, and NGOs.
The decision to establish the agency came after the founding members were contracted to manage the ANC’s 52nd Nation Conference elections in Polokwane during December 2007. At this stage, the founding members shared a wealth of over 30 years’ experience in the field and were therefore poised to take full advantage of this opportunity.
Seizing the opportunity to become a preferred provider for independent democracy and governance consulting, management and advisory services, The EleXions Agency have grown from strength to strength. Now the group is able to boast a broad service offering which covers every conceivable aspect of the elections process.
…it’s a matter of choice
The collective experience of the founding members spans more than three decades. Individually, the founding members are highly accomplished within the field of electoral democracy.
Having started under the aegis of the Independent Mediation Services of South Africa (IMSSA), Bontle has spent over 20 years in election and democracy work, conflict management and project management.
After IMSSA she, together with Dren Nupen established the Electoral Institute of Southern Africa (EISA) and spent 4 years as its Elections and Balloting Specialist/Director. Bontle has consulted for South Africa’s Independent Electoral Commission (IEC) and played a pivotal role in the establishment of the independent conflict management panels during the 1999 national elections.
Bontle is a highly skilled and experienced election specialist and has been Presiding Officer at a number of national elections including the ANC National Conferences in Mafikeng and Stellenbosch, and several Cosatu and affiliated unions’ national congresses. She also has presided over a number of Board of Trustee elections in the past whilst heading the EISA Elections Unit, the Pick and Pay Provident Fund, the Standard Bank Pension & Provident Funds, The Rand Water Superannuation Fund and the De Beers Provident Fund.
Recently she has presided over the Government Employees’ Medical Scheme for two years running through a tender process in 2010 and 2011. In these two processes she worked with two auditing firms KPMG and PWC respectively. She headed the SADC Electoral Commissioners Forum (EFC) mission’s Secretariat in the Zimbabwe Presidential elections and observed other elections in the SADC region.
Lately, she spearheaded the ANC 2009 List elections for the National Assembly and the NCOP and the 2010/11 Local Government List elections.
Dren is a seasoned election expert who founded the Elections and Balloting Project within IMSSA. She later conceptualised and founded EISA which emerged out of the IMSSA Elections and Balloting Project. As Executive Director she was responsible for growing the organisation into a well-respected southern African organisation.
Dren was a member of the Goldstone Commission of Enquiry into Electoral Violence in 1993 and participated in the Dr Van Zyl Slabbert Electoral Task Team commissioned in 1998 by the Cabinet of the South African government to review the current South African electoral model and propose appropriate alternatives for the post 1999 period, as prescribed by the Constitution.
After leaving EISA, Dren consulted for a number of national and international organisations, focusing primarily on democratic governance, electoral systems, election management and intra party electoral best practices. She brings a wealth of first hand electoral experience, as well as a broad knowledge of comparative election management practices.
The Agency has developed a comprehensive menu of services that can be tailor made to suit the needs of our clients. Our primary concern is to ensure that we add significant value to our clients by offering turnkey solutions that meets both their immediate and future needs. We therefore seek to build long term partnerships so that our clients are able to realise full value for their money.
- Voting Operations Management
- We will assist you in selecting an appropriate voting methodology ensuring cost effective legal and constitutional compliance.
- Candidate Nomination Selection
- The Agency will manage the selection process making use of the most effective screening solutions available.
- Voting Register Compliance, Audit and Certification
- The Agency provides a complete voter accreditation and verification solution.
- Elections Document Design and Preparation
- The Agency offers in-house design solutions for nomination forms, ballot papers and all other relevant collateral associated with the elections process.
- Vote Counting, Tabulation and Results Audit
- We provide accurate and timely results delivery through the use of electronic based vote counting.
- Communications Tools and Solutions
- We have the capacity to design and deliver multi-media and multi-language communications through the use of internet, text messaging and email delivery methods.
- We Offer E-voting technologies that meet our clients' individual needs
- Elected Leadership orientation
- Through our network of specialist training organisations, we will help equip new incumbents with the basic skills to carry out the responsibilities of their office.
- Electoral Systems/Methodology Design
- By designing unique and hybrid electoral models, EleXions will ensure that your electoral methodology supports your organisational principles and objectives.
- Designing and Evaluating Governance Systems and Procedures
- EleXions will ensure that the institutional framework, underlying systems, and procedural framework of your elections support the practice of good governance.
- Corporate Sector:
- SA Mining Development Agency
- International Women’s Forum South Africa (IWFSA)
- Medical Scheme / Provident:
- Government Employees’ Medical Schemes (GEMS)
- Police Medical Aid Scheme (POLMED)
- Community Medical Scheme (COMMED)
- Sizwe Medical Fund
- Anglo American Provident Fund
- African National Congress
- African National Congress (Women’s League)
- African National Congress (Youth League)
- African National Congress (MKMVA)
- Ex-Political Prisoners’ Committee (EPPC)
- The ANC NEC Elections (Polokwane & Mangaung)
- Kwa-Ndabeni Community Trust (Western Cape) CPA
- Treatment Action Campaign (TAC)
- Equal Education
- The Sishen Iron Ore Company Community Development Trust (SIOC-cdt)
- Trade Unions:
- National Union of Metalworkers of SA (NUMSA)
- Police, Prisons & Civil Rights Union (POPCRU)
- SA Municipal Workers’ Union (SAMWU)
- National Education Health & Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU)
- National Union of Mineworkers (NUM)
- Tertiary Institutions: (SRC)
- Tshwane University of Technology (SRC)
- University of the Western Cape (UWC)
- King Hintsa FET College
- Nelson Mandela Metro University
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology (CPUT)
Community / Political Elections
(011) 027 6201
27 (0) 86 651-8279
158 Jan Smuts Avenue,
Rosebank, Johannesburg, 2196
PO Box 3318